activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ozan Seymen <Ozan.Sey...@tdpg.com>
Subject RE: Slow and fast messages
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:00:22 GMT
There is also a very detailed tuning guide from FuseSource here (need to register first): http://fusesource.com/require_registration_for?url=http://fusesource.com/docs/broker/5.5/tuning/tuning.pdf

Ozan

-----Original Message-----
From: mickhayes [mailto:mickhayes@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 July 2011 07:09
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: Slow and fast messages

Hi,
Chapter 13 "Tuning ActiveMQ for Performance" of the book "ActiveMQ in Action" details a variety
of techniques for speeding things up.
For your setup, you should try to answer the question "where is the time being spent?".
For an idea of potential speed, the published results of various SPECjms2007 runs can be found
here:  http://www.spec.org/jms2007/results/jms2007.html
http://www.spec.org/jms2007/results/jms2007.html :

E.g.
http://www.spec.org/jms2007/results/res2010q3/jms2007-20100802-00021.png
http://www.spec.org/jms2007/results/res2010q3/jms2007-20100802-00021.png
shows a sustained messaging rate of the order of 1,000,000 messages per second for that combination
of HW/OS/SW.

All the best,
Mick Hayes

-----
Michael Hayes B.Sc. (NUI), M.Sc. (DCU), SCSA SCNA

This e-mail and any attached files are intended for the named addressee only. It contains
information which may be confidential and legally privileged and also protected by copyright.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not
copy or use it or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify the
sender immediately and then delete it from your system.

Please be advised that the views and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not reflect the
views and opinions of The Digital Property Group Limited or any of its subsidiary companies.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to check
this e-mail and any attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail. We reserve the right to monitor
all e-mail communications.

The Digital Property Group Limited is a Daily Mail and General Trust plc company.
Registered Office: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT.
Registered in England & Wales No: 02290527  VAT no. 243571174