activemq-users mailing list archives

From urciolo <Kevin.Urci...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: EXT :Re: Message Priority In 5.5.0-fuse-00-43
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:48:56 GMT
Thank you for the prompt reply.

We do have prefetch set to 1.  This test was with a single producer that produced all the
messages that was then followed by a consumer to consume all the messages.  Screenshot of
consumer prefetch attached.

From: Gary Tully [via ActiveMQ] [mailto:ml-node+3696461-369868383-139195@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 1:38 PM
To: Urciolo, Kevin J (IS)
Subject: EXT :Re: Message Priority In 5.5.0-fuse-00-43

if you have concurrent producers and consumers, then the prefetch has
an effect as a consumer will get a batch of messages which will get
delivered with relative priority.. but there may be others with higher
priority arriving on the broker.
Use prefetch=1|0 to circumvent that.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com