activemq-users mailing list archives

From Suneel Papineni <Suneel.Papin...@mettoni.com>
Subject Connection close not working when Usage Manager Store is reached Full.
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:24:44 GMT
Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ-CPP (v 3.4.0) and ActiveMQ server (v 5.5.0). I am
checking what is going to happen when "StoreUsage" memory limit is
reached 100%. For this I configured "storeUsage" limit as "1 mb" and
tried to send a message. On calling sendMessage, my application got
struck and it is hung state for 10 seconds. After that it thrown an
error saying "No valid response received for command ....."

(I did configure connection.sendTimeout=10000)

When I try to send message, I could see a INFO message on ActiveMQ which
is shown below

"Usage Manager Store is Full, 100% of 1048576. Stopping producer..."

At this point as there is an error, I thought of closing connection.
When I called Connection.close() method, application got hung again for
15 seconds and thrown an error "No valid response received for command:
RemoveInfo {.....", thus making connection not closed properly. I could
see in browser as the connection still exists. Without closing
connection properly,  I am unable to reconnect from the application
unless application is closed physically (which in my case is not
possible as the application performs some other operations).

Could someone please let me know why connection is not getting closed at
this time. Also please let me know how should I solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Suneel