activemq-users mailing list archives

From oagady <oag...@gmail.com>
Subject Shutting down ActiveMQ kills topic subscriber client
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:49:22 GMT
I have a durable topic subscriber that I start the following way:

		TopicConnection topicConn = connectionFactory.createTopicConnection();
	        topicConn.setClientID("durable");

		TopicSession topicSession = topicConn.createTopicSession(false,
			           Session.AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE);

		Topic topic = topicSession.createTopic(topicName);

		TopicSubscriber subscriber = topicSession.createDurableSubscriber(topic,
"MySubsriber");

		subscriber.setMessageListener(listener);
		topicConn.start();

If I shut down ActiveMQ broker when the client is running, this shuts down
the client as well. I don't see any exception thrown.

Am I missing something with configuration?

Thanks
Gali