activemq-users mailing list archives

From reachrichrulez <reachrichru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ does not drop connection on stomp client ungraceful shutdown
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:52:07 GMT
I am doing this experiment in dev and there are no firewalls

Here is what I have concluded.
KeepAlive comes into play when the channel is inactive. In my scenario the
broker kept sending the messages.

After ~10 minutes the connection disappeared from netstat, so broker closed
the connections too( in logs) and started delivering all messages to the
other active consumer. My theory is that it took ~10 min for tcp to confirm
(using send_buffer size and tcp retransmission timeout) that the client is
dead and cannot ACK the tcp packets.