activemq-users mailing list archives

From mickhayes <mickha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignoring self published messages
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 07:51:16 GMT
You need /some/ way to discriminate.
If you want elegant, rather than hack, then I think that means  "Message
Selection" (chapter 3.8 in the JMS 1.1 standard.)

There are 3 namespaces here.

1) Property names which don't begin with "JMS":  I would suggest an
application-specific property name such as this but that's for sure a custom
field.

2) Property names that begin with "JMS" but not with "JMSX" i.e. standard
headers and

3) "JMSX" property name prefix (reserved for JMS-defined properties,
existence of which is up to the JMS provider). Again, you could argue that
this is a custom field. With AMQ, if a JMSX property is acceptable to you,
you could set the JMXGroupID string, and discriminate on that. E.g. your app
can sign its messages by setting this string to "App1". (See table 3.3 in
chap 3.5.9 of the JMS 1.1 standard)

Hope this helps,
Mick Hayes

-----
Michael Hayes B.Sc. (NUI), M.Sc. (DCU), SCSA SCNA