activemq-users mailing list archives

From reachrichrulez <reachrichru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AMQ does not drop connection on stomp client ungraceful shutdown
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:50:35 GMT
Martin,
Thanks for your response.

I set the ?transport.keepAlive=true on the stomp TransportConnector url on
the broker, but there was no effect. jconsole still showed the connection
for a long time. It appears that this setting relies on the OS
tcp_keepalive_time which is defaulted to 2 hours

Even after the power cable was pulled off, netstat -a still showed the
connection. Then I modifed the linux tcp settings (tcp_keepalive_time,
tcp_keepalive_intvl and tcp_keepalive_probes) and then the connections were
closed within a few minutes. Even jconsole reflected the same.

What makes me wonder is that the default for the tcp_keepalive_time is 7200
seconds(2 hours), but in my original test case scenario the broker
recognized that powered off consumer in ~10 min in sent all the messages to
the other connected consumer. Where is this ~10 min configured?

Also, It appears from the source code that inactivity monitor for stomp i
disabled.