activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: Two conceptual questions in producer and consumer
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:33:37 GMT
Regarding redelivery have a read over
http://activemq.apache.org/redelivery-policy.html, and
http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html

In short, the redelivery policy is configured on the
ActiveMQConnectionFactory inside your consumer process.

> I am going to set acknowledge.Transactional for my message,
> but i am a bit confuse on where to set.

Not sure what exactly you mean here. Do you intend to use a
transactional JMS session? You can configure
a transaction between your producer and your broker as well as between
the broker and your consumer.
When creating your JMS session, you can define whether its transactional
or not.
See the javadoc of javax.jms.Connection, it exposes the method

public Session createSession(boolean transacted, int acknowledgeMode)

Hope this helps.

--
Torsten Mielke
FuseSource