activemq-users mailing list archives

From alexw87 <alex.woodro...@gmail.com>
Subject Detecting problems during BrokerService startup
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:44:05 GMT
Hi

I'm starting an embedded Broker using spring, and KahaDBPersistenceAdapter
for persistance.

This all works fine, but I was hoping to see if there was a way of detecting
startup errors, say if another instance was started.

eg :
Database activemq-data\auditBroker\KahaDB\lock is locked... waiting 10
seconds for the database to be unlocked.

Is there anyway of bubbling up these exceptions so I can terminate the
application, as currently when using this approach, the executing thread
just sits waiting for the lock to unlock, which it won't

Any Help or suggestions would be most welcome.