activemq-users mailing list archives

From manua <agarwal.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Publisher stops publishing when a subscriber is attached to that topic
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:15:23 GMT
Hi All,

I am having a activemq publisher which publishes 1000s of messages per
second. Its working fine, until I place an subscriber on that topic.

When the subscriber is put on the topic, it works fine for first 70000-80000
messages but after that the publisher stops publishing on the topic. If i
remove the subscriber, the publisher starts publishing message on the topic
and works fine.

Please find below the code snippet from my subscriber,

string brokerURI = "failover:(tcp://" + sBrokerNPort +
")?wireFormat=openwire&keepAlive=true&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0";

oReq = new clAMQ(brokerURI, sDataRequestQ, 1);
oReq->connect();
oReq->createConsumer();

void onMessage(void *msg) {

	string symbol = clAMQ::getStringPropertyFromMessage(msg,"S");
	string timestamp = clAMQ::getStringPropertyFromMessage(msg,"T");
	double price = clAMQ::getDoubleFromMapMessage(msg,"P");
	long size = clAMQ::getLongFromMapMessage(msg,"VS");

        cout << "msg : " << symbol << price << endl;

       clAMQ::acknowledgeMsg(msg);
}

What could be the reason for this.

Thanks,