activemq-users mailing list archives

From TrainTime <zzuza...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache ActiveMQ Security and Government Systems
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 20:13:08 GMT
Hi all,

I've been using activeMQ in a few projects now, and it works great! But now
I am looking at a project where the product might need to be integrated into
government systems.  I've been looking into whether or not ActiveMQ meets
the Database Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) from Defense
Information Systems Agency
(DISA)(http://www.appsecinc.com/solutions/disa-stig/index.shtml), but I have
been having issues getting a straight answer.

I looked at the national security vulnerability
database(http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/search-results?cpe=cpe%3A%2Fa%3Aapache%3Ahttp_server%3A2.0&page_num=0&cid=5),
as well as other places around the web in order to find more information
about activeMQ security.  And as far as I can tell, all (known)major
security bugs have been resolved as of 5.5.  But I haven't been able to find
a straight answer about whether it meets all the necessary criteria and is
able to be used in government systems.

So my question is, does anyone know if activeMQ can be used in government
systems?  And/or do you know of any resources which give this information?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.