activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <>
Subject Re: MessageServlet and Memory-/CPU-Consumption
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 09:41:58 GMT
Regarding your questions:

1) Yes, without a pooled connection factory it is possible that you create a new JMS connection,
session, producer/consumer for every new message. Creating these JMS resources is very expensive
in terms of performance and CPU usage.
There are some additional details given in this blog post:

2) Certainly yes when using a pooled connection factory as you have already configured.

I am not very familiar with configuring ActiveMQ in a web application, so I am not sure what's
wrong in your config.
However using a pooled connection factory is definitely recommended, in case you plan to use
Spring JMS to send/receive messages.

Torsten Mielke

View raw message