activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Jacques Le Roux" <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>
Subject failover backup timeout?
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 11:03:37 GMT
Hi,

http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html#FailoverTransportReference-TransportOptions
says <<backup : initialize and hold a second transport connection - to enable fast failover>>

What means exactly "fast failover"? If you don't use it what do you miss?

Subsidiary and less important question: is there a mean to set a timeout for this parameter
when set to true?  I guess not, I had a
quick look in code. BackupTransport.setDisposed() is only used in FailoverTransport.stop()
which is logical since the connection is
supposed to be held. But when messages have been consumed does it  make sense to hold the
connections? Because when I use it, I find
an annoying increasing number of connections in ESTABLISHED status, which looks like a kind
of leak to me.

Thanks

Jacques