activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ozan Seymen <Ozan.Sey...@tdpg.com>
Subject RE: Performance when sending messages
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 08:50:41 GMT
Have you tried sending messages in transaction?

In order to do that you need to initialize the session to use transactions (your line 103)
and commit the transaction after sending x messages.

Ozan

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Schneider [mailto:chris@die-schneider.net]
Sent: 17 June 2011 09:41
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Performance when sending messages

Hi all,

am trying to do a performance test for CXF with the jms transport. When doing the tests I
was not able to reach more than about 600 messages / second.
I have the feeling that this is too slow for a current machine.

As I wanted to see if the problem comes from cxf or ActiveMQ I changed the code to send pure
jms messages. Still the number was not getting higher. So I think I may have a problem with
my activemq setup or how I address it from java.

Here is the code I used. It is still a bit of a mixture with the original code.. So if it
helps I can do a new project that shows pure ActiveMQ.

https://github.com/cschneider/performance-tests/blob/master/cxf/src/main/java/com/example/customerservice/client/CustomerServiceTester.java

Any ideas what I do wrong?

Christian

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

This e-mail and any attached files are intended for the named addressee only. It contains
information which may be confidential and legally privileged and also protected by copyright.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive for the addressee) you may not
copy or use it or disclose it to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify the
sender immediately and then delete it from your system.

Please be advised that the views and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not reflect the
views and opinions of The Digital Property Group Limited or any of its subsidiary companies.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to check
this e-mail and any attachments to it for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which may be transferred by way of this e-mail. We reserve the right to monitor
all e-mail communications.

The Digital Property Group Limited is a Daily Mail and General Trust plc company.
Registered Office: Northcliffe House, 2 Derry Street, London, W8 5TT.
Registered in England & Wales No: 02290527  VAT no. 243571174