activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Saving bandwith in a network-of-brokers with lots of brokers via WAN
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:09:23 GMT
CACHE_CONSUMER will help, but also setting the networkConnector attribute
destinationFilter and if you don't want to bridge temp destinations
set bridgeTempDestinations="false"
It defaults to ">" so the network connector gets consumer advisories
for all destinations, but ideally it should be correlated (or
automatically determined) with the set of
dynamicallyIncludedDestinations.

<networkConnector uri="static:(...)" bridgeTempDestinations="false"
destinationFilter="Queue.A,ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Queue.B" >
    <dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
       <queue physicalName="A"/>
       <queue physicalName="B"/>
    </dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
</networkConnector>

The syntax for 'destinationFilter' is a little odd bc the value is
prefexed with "ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer." when it is applied.

I have created an enhancement to make this automatic.

The other alternative is to disable advisories and configure an
entirely static network topology using static includes, but messages
will flow independent of demand in that scenario.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com