activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I remove old queues without a java client?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:45:04 GMT
Now that's helpful... Let me just confirm my understanding:

schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="10000"

Is telling the broker to delete inactive destinations every ten seconds?

gcInactiveDestinations="true" inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="30000"

Is expressing that the policyEntry should be garbage collected and should be
considered garbase if inactive for 30 seconds or more?

There's no definition of what precisely constitutes activity on that page.
Allow me to suggest:

1. A subscription to that destination
2. A send to that destination
3. A message being present on that destination

How far off am I? I assume that a destination includes both queues and
topics?

Thanks,

James