activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KahaDB and backups
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 09:50:01 GMT
yes, a restored backup would be recoverable.

In creating a backup, there may be an issue with the lock file, or
with an inuse journal file. The lock file is not important but you
would want the latest journal files.

Linux will allow you to freeze a filesystem, I guess other os's have
similar support.
http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/freezing-filesystems/

We may want to introduce a way to have activemq freeze the journal,
block reads/writes and release open journal and index files for OS's
that don't have freeze support.

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com