activemq-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Pechorin <ivan.pecho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: help needed: heap corruption when activemq-cpp routines called
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 04:30:36 GMT
2011/6/9 Ken Moore <kmoore@mooresweb.com>:

>> Yes, that was definiately part of the problem. Also I had not used the
>> correct macros for checked iterators in the STL, to be consistent with the
>> rest of our build. It is all working now. Many thanks for your help
>>
> Can you tell me what macros you corrected to solve your problem? I am having
> the same issues here. I have the correct versions linked but am still getting
> the heap corruptions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose, the macros in question is _SECURE_SCL. It is defined to 1
by default in two places within activemq-cpp:
src\main\activemq\util\Config.h and src\main\decaf\util\Config.h,
without any check if for release or debug mode. AFAIK, this behaviour
matches the defaults set in Visual Studio 2005 and 2008 (where
_SECURE_SCL defaults to 1 both in release and debug modes). Visual
Studio 2010 changed the default for release mode: _SECURE_SCL = 0.