activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <mart...@gmx.at>
Subject Fwd: Saving bandwith in a network-of-brokers with lots of brokers via WAN
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 10:30:16 GMT
Hi,

we plan a setup with lots of remote sites, each of them having their
own broker which are then connected via a network-of-brokers via a
duplex connector. We'd like to use dynamicallyIncludedDestinations,
but even in our small test installation we already see huge amounts of
advisory messages. This is expected, as I understand that this is used
for handling the dynamic includes. As we are using Spring's
MessageListenerContainer, with a a lot of dynamic scaling to the
current on-site load, a lot of Advisories are generated and already
dominate the network traffic by far.

Are there any options we can set in order to reduce the number of
advisories? We are already using conduitSubscriptions=true so there'd
be no need to go over-the-wire as long as there is at least a single
consumer. I tried to exclude with
 <topic physicalName="ActiveMQ.Advisory.>" />
but this didn't result in any reduction of the messages sent via the
network bridges.

We are now evaluating if we can use CACHE_CONSUMER with the message
listener container in order to reduce the number of subscription
changes, but still there is a lot of noise due to number of consumers
scaling up/down.

Thanks for any hint!

Best regards,
Martin