activemq-users mailing list archives

From Vijay <vijayender.band...@gmail.com>
Subject Master/Slave configuring clients
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:40:08 GMT
We are implementing AMQ's master/slave broker topology to achieve geographic
redundancy.

Master is hosted on Server A and Slave is hosted on Server B.

For geographic redundancy, we will have two consumer apps which will be
hosted on the same servers. These consumers will consume a Q named
"TEST.FOO" (an upstream system will produce the messages onto thsi Q using
master/slave failover URL). So the idea is if Server A dies, Server B
(slave) and its consumer should take over.

here is the setup in summary:

ServerA
----------
Master (tcp://master:61616)
Consumer A

ServerB
Slave (tcp://master:61617)
Consumer B

1. What URL should I use to configure both the consumers?

2. Can I make use of VM protocol in my case, considering broker and consumer
running on the same server to avoid tcp traffic? If yes, How does the URL
look like>