activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Robin.Fago" <Robin.F...@teradata.com>
Subject Message Eviction Strategy
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 16:42:59 GMT
I am having trouble setting up a Message Eviction strategy for my policy
entry. I would like to drop messages once we hit a memory limit for a flood
of messages. Instead, I am seeing the broker fail due to heap space. It is
currently at 256mb. Here is the policy entry:

<policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="false" memoryLimit="32mb">
	<messageEvictionStrategy>
		<oldestMessageEvictionStrategy/>
	</messageEvictionStrategy>
        <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
                <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy/>
         </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
</policyEntry>

When I connect through jconsole via jmx, I can see that my memory limit is
set for my topic, but the percent used will just keep rising past 100%. What
am I missing?