activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aneesh <cv_ane...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Controlling Message generation based on ActiveMQ memory
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:00:03 GMT
Thanks a lot for sharing the link.
I went through that and it seems all these end up at a point where the
producer may slowdown processing or throw an exception (like
ResourceAllocation Exception etc).

But the scenario what i am trying to avoid is the unwanted processing of
constructing the message..
All the configurations described in the link actually exposes the memory
issue only when the producer tries to send the message, not when it is
actually producing (constructing) the message..

In my scenario, the message construction is a lengthier process and I dont
want my system to unnecessary
construct a message.System should execute the message generation process if
and only if it is clear that ActiveMQ has sufficient memory (ie say, should
not execute message generation process if the active mq usage is around 85%)

Is it possible for me to achieve this ?
Awaiting replies.