activemq-users mailing list archives

From erickmelo <erickm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How ActiveMQ handle thousand of subscribers in a Topic?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:41:35 GMT
Hi Dejan,

Thank you for the answer. The slides helped to understand how to scale
ActiveMQ.. But some questions remains:
- How ActiveMQ handle the subscribers of a non-persistent topic? Does it
consider all connected users at the same moment (with a tcp socket opened)?
Or is there some strategy for supporting Ajax clients (that uses a pooling)?

- On the slide 25 the problems of vertical scaling are listed... Thread
count is on of the main problems, but I think opened sockets are also a
problem... If ActiveMQ keep a opened socket with each client the OS limit of
thread maybe a problem or not?

I've an idea of using ActiveMQ to notify a large number of clients
subscribed to a topic at the same time (small control messages -
non-persistent). At this point I'm evaluating how much servers will be
needed to serve this task...

Best Regards,

Erick