activemq-users mailing list archives

From erickmelo <>
Subject How ActiveMQ handle thousand of subscribers in a Topic?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 20:29:57 GMT

I'm a new user of ActiveMQ and I've some questions about the scalability.

I've found some tests the show activeMQ throughput (many senders and many
consumers). But I didn't find test showing how can ActimeMQ manage a large
number of subscribers of a topic.

I would like to send a msg for a large number of clients using the Topic
(non-persistent) strategy. I have some questions in this scenario:
- When the client connects to ActiveMQ (tcp://hostname:port) a TCP socket
connection is created. Does this connection keep alive always of is there
some schema of "pooling"?
- How many clients can be connected to a Host at the same time?
- Is possible to create a "time-to-live" to a message?
- How does ActiveMQ ajax support works with non-persistent message (it's use