activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aleksandar Ivanisevic <aleksan...@ivanisevic.de>
Subject STOMP and durable topic subscriptions
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 11:04:23 GMT

Hi,

what is the status on durable topic subscriptions under STOMP? Should
STOMP unsubscribe remove the durable subscription or not?

according to

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-users/200808.mbox/%3C19181282.post@talk.nabble.com%3E

and

it should, but in my setup it doesnt, im using 5.4.2-fuse-03-15 and
below is my session, after the last unsubscribe i can still see the
subscription under offline durable subscriptions in the console.

There is even more annoying bug where in some cases (not always),
reconnecting creates a "double" subscription so for every message to
the topic consumer gets two identical messages. The only solution to
that is to either bounce the broker or shutdown the consumer, go to
the console and delete durable subscriptions and start the consumer
again.

[27664] T+0 DEBUG (re)connecting...
send [CONNECT
client-id:adminbroker-test
passcode:xxx
login:xxx

]
receive [CONNECTED
session:adminbroker-test

]
send [SUBSCRIBE
activemq.prefetchSize:5
activemq.subscriptionName:masterbcast
ack:client-individual
destination:/topic/COMMAND.broadcast

]
[27664] T+0 DEBUG subscribed to /topic/COMMAND.broadcast prefetchSize=5 durable name=masterbcast

[27664] T+15 DEBUG got exit command, shutting down cleanly...
send [UNSUBSCRIBE
activemq.subscriptionName:masterbcast
destination:/topic/COMMAND.broadcast

]
[27664] T+15 DEBUG unsubscribed from /topic/COMMAND.broadcast durable name=masterbcast
send [DISCONNECT

]

in activemq.log I see

2011-05-27 13:01:07,042 | WARN  | Async error occurred: javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException:
No durable subscription exists for: masterbcast | org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Service
| ActiveMQ Transport: ssl:///192.168.222.78:40678
javax.jms.InvalidDestinationException: No durable subscription exists for: masterbcast
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.TopicRegion.removeSubscription(TopicRegion.java:135)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.region.RegionBroker.removeSubscription(RegionBroker.java:491)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.removeSubscription(BrokerFilter.java:102)
        at org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerFilter.removeSubscription(BrokerFilter.java:102)