activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alistair Young <alistair.yo...@uhi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Durable topic consumer lots messages after kill
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 14:21:13 GMT
embedded activemq:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
  <artifactId>activemq-camel</artifactId>
  <version>5.2.0</version>
</dependency>

191 messages were sent but when the consumer reconnected after 3 days they weren't there.

Alistair

--
mov eax,1
mov ebx,0

On 27 May 2011, at 15:04, Gary Tully wrote:

> what version and what sort of message rate. So how many messages would
> have accumulated?
>
> On 27 May 2011 13:00, Alistair Young <Alistair.Young@uhi.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have a durable topic consumer that was killed by a power outage while consuming
messages. It was down for 3 days and when it reconnected, all the remaining messages on the
topic had disappeared. It only received messages on the topic after it reconnected. I've since
shut it down, waited an hour or so and reconnected it and it gets its messages ok so the producer
is sending durable messages and the broker is making sure the consumer gets them. 3 days downtime
seems to have caused the broker to remove the consumer's subscription and empty the topic?