activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Idzerda, Edan" <Edan_Idze...@PremierInc.com>
Subject RE: ActiveMQ integration with WebSphere MQ
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 17:33:23 GMT

MQ, but we are leaning towards using our existing webMethods infrastructure instead because
the JMS support is easier to work with in a number of ways.  But since a basic remote connection
works with the JMS bridge connector, I don't see why Camel wouldn't work too.

-----Original Message-----
From: andypiper [mailto:andypiperuk@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:55 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Re: ActiveMQ integration with WebSphere MQ

Indeed not - WebSphere MQ predates many of the other MOM technologies around and the sender/receiver
channel can talk to other WMQ implementations at different versions, but not to ActiveMQ.

On your comment about standards, bear in mind that JMS is an API spec and not a protocol /
implementation thing. It defines the API calls and objects that the provider must expose and
support, but it says absolutely nothing about how that API interacts with the messaging fabric.

There are a range of things you could do, including some bridge code which can talk WMQ JMS
over the network using the WMQ "client" connection option, or (thinking outside the box) using
the HTTP bridge to WMQ if the other server has it installed, and using a REST call to poke
the message into the queue on that side. I guess none of these are quite what you are looking
for out of the box. An IBM solution (which I suspect your client may not be keen
on) would be to use something like WebSphere Message Broker to bridge between ActiveMQ JMS,
and WebSphere MQ either JMS or natively.

There's a great independent WMQ community over at  http://mqseries.net http://mqseries.net
 if you want to see if any other users have ideas.

(disclaimer: I work for IBM but these are my own ideas and opinions!)

--
Andy Piper
WebSphere Messaging Community Lead, IBM Hursley