activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jason Whaley <jasonwha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: failover transport recovery behavior
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 14:56:34 GMT
5.3.x of ActiveMQ is fairly old and lots of things have been fixed since then in the current
5.5 version.    You should consider upgrading.

In addition, as of 5.4 there is a "rebalanceClusterClients" option you can set on your transportConnector
(in conjunction with "updateClusterClients") that should proactively disconnect clients from
their current broker when there is a change in your current cluster... such as a previously
unavailable broker becoming available again.

See http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html for documentation on the
failover transport and http://bsnyderblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-features-in-activemq-54-automatic.html
or more detail on those two options.

--Whaley