activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Durable topic consumer lots messages after kill
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 14:04:17 GMT
what version and what sort of message rate. So how many messages would
have accumulated?

On 27 May 2011 13:00, Alistair Young <Alistair.Young@uhi.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a durable topic consumer that was killed by a power outage while consuming messages.
It was down for 3 days and when it reconnected, all the remaining messages on the topic had
disappeared. It only received messages on the topic after it reconnected. I've since shut
it down, waited an hour or so and reconnected it and it gets its messages ok so the producer
is sending durable messages and the broker is making sure the consumer gets them. 3 days downtime
seems to have caused the broker to remove the consumer's subscription and empty the topic?

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com