activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Burmeister <chburmeis...@googlemail.com>
Subject sync between two independent brokers
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 11:52:20 GMT
Hi,

I have two brokers with nearly the same configuration. They don't
share a database nor have access to the same filesystem. They will get
identical messages (Message-reception is not reliable due to
network-issues), which are received and processed by camel routes
inside each broker. The result is spit out to the same database (just
for the processed-messages).

Now here's my question: Is there any way to suppress duplicate
messages in the database? Is there a kind of communication between the
brokers, or does anyone have a pattern/best practice for this
"distributed-independent-broker-architecture"? I know, that there is a
master-slave-concept, but this isn't suitable as it is, because after
master's death, it requires manual input to sync both instances. A
more indipendent approach would be much nicer.

all ideas are welcome, thanks in advance,
christoph