activemq-users mailing list archives

From Marcelo Jabali <mjab...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: alternatives to request response pattern
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 23:31:05 GMT
Steve,

You can use a queue browse to do that. Basically, you send a message to the queue with the
information you need. Then the client will browse the queue looking for the desired information.
When you need to update that information just consume the message and publish a new one.
You can also use message selectors in case you have many clients querying the same queue.

Hope that helps,

-Marcelo

On May 19, 2011, at 4:01 PM, Steve Angelovich <SAngelovich@lgc.com> wrote:

> Are there any recommendations or techniques for how to avoid having to
> use a request/response pattern?
>
> I'm using the technique described here
> http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html.
>

> I'm primarily doing this to get some basic configuration information
> when a new client is started.  Are other developers doing the same thing
> or is there some other more better way to handle it?  Would it be
> possible to use the advisory messages to know when a new client is
> started and just send them the information?
>
> thanks,
> Steve

> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information
and delete all copies of this message.