activemq-users mailing list archives

From Steve Angelovich <SAngelov...@lgc.com>
Subject Re: how to set pendingSubscriberPolicy for an embedded broker
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 20:23:38 GMT
Thanks for the reference but I don't know all the classes well enough to
navigate through the javadocs and find the right information.

I have something like;

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
broker.setBrokerName(_host+"_"+_port);
broker.setUseJmx(true);
broker.setDataDirectory(new File(_logdir,
DATA_DIRECTORY).getAbsolutePath());
broker.setPersistent(false);

//set some of the memory limits for the broker
long maxHeapSize = Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory();
long brokerHeapSize = (long) (maxHeapSize * .5) ;

SystemUsage su = _broker.getSystemUsage() ;
su.setSendFailIfNoSpaceAfterTimeout(30 * 1000) ;
MemoryUsage mu = su.getMemoryUsage() ;
mu.setLimit(brokerHeapSize) ;
broker.setSystemUsage(su) ;

How do I get from the BrokerService to the right classes to be able to
specify
the message cursor I want to be used?

PolicyMap destinationPolicy = _broker.getDestinationPolicy() ;
--> This returns null and I'm not sure if this is even what I'm looking for?

//destinationPolicy.setPendingQueuePolicy(new
FilePendingQueueMessageStoragePolicy()) ;
//destinationPolicy.setPendingSubscriberPolicy(new
FilePendingSubscriberMessageStoragePolicy()) ;
//broker.setDestinationPolicy(destinationPolicy) ;

Thanks again for the help,
Steve

On 05/19/2011 01:40 PM, Marcelo Jabali wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Take a look on org.apache.activemq.broker.region.policy.PolicyEntry (http://activemq.apache.org/maven/5.3.1/activemq-core/apidocs/org/apache/activemq/broker/region/policy/PolicyEntry.html)
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> -Marcelo
>

> On May 19, 2011, at 12:17 PM, Steve Angelovich wrote:
>
>> I have an embedded broker and I want to set specify which cursor to use
>> and some of the attributes.
>>
>> When using the activemq.xml file I'm specifying something like;
>>
>> <destinationPolicy>
>> <policyMap>
>> <policyEntries>
>> <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="50mb">
>> <pendingSubscriberPolicy>
>> <fileCursor />
>> </pendingSubscriberPolicy>
>> </policyEntry>
>> <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="50mb">
>> <pendingQueuePolicy>
>> <fileQueueCursor/>
>> </pendingQueuePolicy>
>> </policyEntry>
>> </policyEntries>
>> </policyMap>
>> </destinationPolicy>
>>

>> Can somebody point me to an example or the right place in the javadocs
>> so that I can specify this information programmatically  when using an
>> embedded broker.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

>> This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged
information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or
disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized
to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of this message.