activemq-users mailing list archives

From Alec Bickerton <alec.bicker...@net-m.ch>
Subject ActiveMQ and JBoss
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 10:09:23 GMT
In my workplace we've been using activemq (5.4.2 - 5.5.0 ) with Tomcat successfully for the
past 12 months. So far so good.

We have the following setup.

topic-dev
topic-test
topic-production

Each component creates a non-durable subscriber to the topic that fits its deployment stage.
(dev/test/prod)

These are configured through JNDI and with Tomcat all is fine. We now need to configure the
backend components that run
in JBoss. The component is a simple MDB so this should be relatively simple... no.

Having read through and been completely confused and frustrated by...
http://activemq.apache.org/jndi-support.html
http://activemq.apache.org/jboss-integration.html
http://activemq.apache.org/inbound-communication.html

We've extracted the rar file, modified the ra.xml to connect to the remote broker as the ServerUrl
configuration
parameter seems to be ignored.
Configured the ds based http://activemq.apache.org/jboss-integration.data/panacya-jms-ds.xml

The jboss.xml is based on http://activemq.apache.org/jboss-integration.data/jboss.xml on including
the
TopicNonDurableMDB part.

Can somebody provide an insight how I can configure an MDB within JBoss that is a non-durable
subscriber, has a pool
larger than one and is configured without hard-coding the physical name of the destination
in the deployment descriptor?
For us, this is the major problem.

Regards,
Alec,