activemq-users mailing list archives

From Suneel Papineni <>
Subject Unicode support in C++ clients
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 17:14:21 GMT

I am getting problems in sending or receiving Unicode messages. Could
someone please tell me how can I implement this correctly.

Message contains some Greek characters. I am using wide string or wide
character array to represent this message in my C++ application. I am
using "TextMessage" for normal strings. setText() method takes only
std::string or char*, so I can't add wstring or wchar_t*.

In order to accommodate these Unicode characters in the message do I
need to use any other type of messages (like ByteMessage or MapMessage).
If so could someone help me with some sample code snippet.

Note: I am using ActiveMQ-CPP 3.4.0

Thanks & Regards