activemq-users mailing list archives

From chirantank <chirant...@2pirad.com>
Subject Problem with Security settings in AMQ 5
Date Thu, 19 May 2011 11:21:35 GMT
Hi,

I just installed and ran Active MQ 5.5 on Windows XP. It ran fine and I was
able to send/receive messages to a newly created queue as anonymous user.
However to bring in security, I tried to use activemq-security.xml. To keep
things simple, I didn't create any environment variable
ACTIVEMQ_ENCRYPTION_PASSWORD and commented out the corresponding part in the
xml and uncommented the other part:
  <bean id="configurationEncryptor"
class="org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEStringEncryptor">
     <property name="algorithm" value="PBEWithMD5AndDES"/>
     <property name="password" value="activemq"/>
  </bean>

But as I ran the command bin\activemq xbean:conf/activemq-security.xml, it
ran into errors:

ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.spr
ingframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with
name
'org.apache.activemq.broker.util.CommandAgent#0' defined in file
[D:\apache-acti
vemq-5.5.0\conf\activemq-security.xml]: Invocation of init method failed;
nested
 exception is javax.jms.JMSException: User name or password is invalid.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
org.springfram
ework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name
'org.ap
ache.activemq.broker.util.CommandAgent#0' defined in file
[D:\apache-activemq-5.
5.0\conf\activemq-security.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested
except
ion is javax.jms.JMSException: User name or password is invalid.

Any idea how to resolve the issue?