activemq-users mailing list archives

From muzza <stephen.mur...@amt-sybex.com>
Subject JMS Spec - Application Server Facilities (ASF)
Date Tue, 17 May 2011 10:45:38 GMT
Morning all,

Just a quick question for AMQ versions 5.x and 4.1.x.

Does AMQ implement the optional Application Server Facilities in the JMS
Spec ?

Only after years of working around some issues with AMQ deployed in
Websphere we've found that if we turn off ASF in Websphere Listener Service
then AMQ behaves itself!

For instance in applying the following in Websphere, an MDB can now process
messages from a request queue that has depth on it upon start up:

NON.ASF.RECEIVE.TIMEOUT = 60,000 (milliseconds)

IBM Quote that Non-ASF mode is mainly for use with third-party messaging
providers that do not support JMS ASF, which is an optional extension to the
JMS specification. Non-ASF mode is also transactional but, because the path
length is shorter than for ASF mode, usually provides improved performance.

Hence the query to see if this is case with AMQ ?

Cheers,
Muzza.