activemq-users mailing list archives

From eweinberg <eric_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Active Mq creating thousands of connections
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 19:54:58 GMT
I'm using activeMq 5.4.1 and activeMq gets ends up crashing because of the
sheer amount of connections.  In a tomcat app where i was expecting 10-20
connections to active Mq i was shocked to see that i was getting upwards of
17k connections.

All the connections pile up with in 10-20 seconds of starting my app server
and looking through the list via the jetty UI they all seem to look like:

Destination   	SessionId   	Selector   	Enqueues   	Dequeues   	Dispatched
Dispatched Queue
Topic
topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic 	-1
0 	0 	0 	0

I did some digging around and found this page:
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html  We are creating the
topics/queues dynamically, but i would expect messages to be placed on that
topic, not for 12k connections to be opened up to it.

Any insight would be much appreciated.