activemq-users mailing list archives

From mjustin <>
Subject Re: Does OpenWire support object message transformation for non-Java clients?
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 11:24:07 GMT

Aleksandar Ivanisevic-3 wrote:
> mjustin &lt;; writes:
>> Hello,
>> With ActiveMQ and Stmp I was able to implement message exchange between
>> Java
>> and non-Java clients using the XML or JSON based object message
>> transformation. So a Java object could be consumed by a Delphi app for
>> example without any changes on the Java side.
>> Is the same possible if I use the OpenWire in the non-Java client? If
>> yes,
>> how does a OpenWire client ask the broker for XML or JSON object
>> serialization?
> I don't think so since the wire protocol is not standardized in JMS
> spec, but not sure. Out of interest, what makes you consider that option?

Hi Aleksandar,

Stomp is limited in some areas, so some users of my Delphi library asked for
a OpenWire-based implementation. It would be ok if I can send/receive text
and binary messages only over OpenWire with Delphi.

With Stomp, if the client subscribes using 'transformation:jms-object-xml',
Java objects which are sent from a normal JMS client to the broker will be
serialized as XML using XStream, so the Stomp client can deserialize them
into objects of other programming languages (explained at

AFAIK the ActiveMQ C# client uses OpenWire and is able to send/receive
object messages. I would like to implement it for Delphi, but am not sure
about transformation support.

Michael Justin
habarisoft - Enterprise Messaging Software for Delphiâ„¢