activemq-users mailing list archives

From marcelcasado <mar...@ucar.edu>
Subject ActiveMQ.Advisory.MessageConsumed.TempQueue problem
Date Mon, 09 May 2011 19:08:02 GMT
Hi,

I have enabled  <policyEntry tempQueue="true" advisoryForConsumed="true" />
in the broker  so I can subscribe to
"ActiveMQ.Advisory.MessageConsumed.TempQueue.>" to get notified of message
consumed on a tempQueue/s. I see looking at the code for TempQueue that
remaining messages on the tempQueues get "acknowledge()" when the tempQueue
is disposed for example when a client shutdown.

TempQueue.dispose(context) --> purge --> removeMessage -> acknowledge -->
messageConsumed()

 In my code I need to know if a message is consumed by a client but I can
not differentiate between a client "ack" massage and one "ack" by the broker
when the tempQueue is "disposed" looking to the message sent to the
ActiveMQ.Advisory.MessageConsumed.TempQueue... .

Why is the reason to make messages ack when the tempQueue is disposed or
purged?

is there a way that the Advisory messages for  "MessageConsumed" include the
"ack" type so I can differentiate between them.

Thanks,

-Marcel

-Marcel