activemq-users mailing list archives

From GuyPardon <...@atomikos.com>
Subject Using queue to support disconnected clients
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 10:29:14 GMT
Hi,

For a new project (a cash register system) we would like to use ActiveMQ to
support the following:

-cash registers (clients) are connected to a central server for archival of
sales messages
-cash registers can go offline for some time due to network glitches but the
cash register needs to keep on working
-sales are pushed to a central server when online, or as soon as the network
connection is restored

We are thinking of ActiveMQ to support:

-a queue at the cash register (locally), so during offline times messages
are queued
-when there is a network, all messages are pushed to a server queue for
archival processing

It seems like we need two ActiveMQ brokers (one in the client, one on the
central server) and connect the two to have this forwarding.

Is there a better way to achieve this behavior with ActiveMQ, or will this
do?

Thanks
Guy