activemq-users mailing list archives

From cityjms <denis.uru...@gmail.com>
Subject disk IO rate peak?
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 03:37:42 GMT
- using 5.5.0
- using KahaDB store
- publishing to a topic with 10 durables (offline at the time of the publish
rate test)
- message size 500 byte

cannot get over 2.5MB per second disk write (approx 5K messages per second).

tried local disk, ssd, tmpfs ram mount and Windows PC - nothing helps.

the rate is stable whether I publish 25K messages or 40 million messages :(

KahaDB message store is kept in memory, so I guess it is only the journals
that are being written.

I doubt this is TCP issue. Have plenty of CPU (16 core box with 128GB of
RAM).

ActiveMQ disk benchmark tells me I should get 2600MB per second write, which
is a bit optimistic but certainly better than 2.5 mb :(

help!