activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mike L. <patzer...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Possible Memory Leak when JMX agent enabled
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:11:04 GMT

DOH!  I meant to post this to the Camel forum. Sorry.

To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Possible Memory Leak when JMX agent enabled
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 17:06:26 -0500

All:

Our production servers are experiencing a fairly severe memory leak - it takes about 12 days
to get the dreaded OutOfMemoryExceptions.
We use linux (CentOS 5.x)
Sun 1.6.0_22 JDK
Camel 2.4.0
ActiveMQ 5.3.1
JBoss 4.2.1.GA (I know! It's old.)

I've attached two screenprints from the Eclipse Memory Analyzer Tool (MAT).
The first, ShortestPath, shows at the bottom the DefaultManagementAgent as part of the problem;
while at the top you'll see
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ConcurrentReaderHashMap$Entry.
I'm not sure which is the "real" culprit.