activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I use Active MQ in this Regard?
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2011 16:21:34 GMT
Nitro-

If you set your messages to be "persistent", you won't lose them across a reboot.  A queue
is intended to be short term storage, not a permanent data store to be queried often.  Queues
generally provide one message to one client.

Messaging systems, like ActiveMQ, provide queues and topics to meet different eventing patterns
that developers might need.  A simple example would be like an Instant Messaging system, where
users send each other chat messages-- or like Twitter, where a user sends on message and it
can go to multiple subscribers using Topics.

Matt Pavlovich