activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Martin C." <mart...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: EOFException when accessing message's properties
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 22:19:04 GMT
Hi,

as a follow-up, I'm currently seeing a very highly elevated error rate
on a deployment with 5.4.2. The very strange issue here is that if I
move the message out of the DLQ into the original queue, after some
attempts it gets consumed without problems.

Anybody got any ideas? Could this have to do with prefetch limit being
set to 1 and XA transactions (I read about issues with prefetch and
spring on the homepage, but this indicates that one should be a valid
limit).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards,
Martin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martin C. <martinc@gmx.at>
Date: Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 9:27 AM
Subject: EOFException when accessing message's properties
To: users <users@activemq.apache.org>

Hi,

I am experiencing a corrupt message (see stacktrace below) which fails
when attempting to access the message's properties. We had this on two
occurances until now, both on a 5.3.2 broker. The issue happens
persists on 5.4.2, if we start it with the KahaDB datastore of the
5.3.2 instance. The message finally ended in a DLQ, but it also cannot
be processed from there.

The issue seems to only happen when deserializing the message (either
via network or from KahaDB on startup), as the message was viewable in
the webinterface of the broker before a restart, but afterwards, the
same exception occures when trying to browse the queue containing the
message in the web-interface.
Unfortunately I do not know a way to reproduce this, as this happens
only once every several-million messages. I also unfortunately cannot
provide the corrupt datastore due to sensitive data being included.

Do you have any idea, if/how I can recover the message somehow?

javax.jms.JMSException: java.io.EOFException
       at org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:62)
       at org.apache.activemq.filter.PropertyExpression.evaluate(PropertyExpression.java:199)
       at org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQMessage.getObjectProperty(ActiveMQMessage.java:462)
       at org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQMessage.getStringProperty(ActiveMQMessage.java:550)
       ... snip: some myapp.internal method calls ...
       at myapp.MessageHandler.onMessage(MessageHandler.java:101)
       at org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.doInvokeListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:534)
       at org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.invokeListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:495)
       at org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractMessageListenerContainer.doExecuteListener(AbstractMessageListenerContainer.java:467)
       at org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.receiveAndExecute(AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.java:241)
       at org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.invokeListener(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:977)
       at org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:876)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
       at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedShort(DataInputStream.java:323)
       at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:572)
       at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:547)
       at org.apache.activemq.util.MarshallingSupport.unmarshalPrimitiveMap(MarshallingSupport.java:92)
       at org.apache.activemq.util.MarshallingSupport.unmarshalPrimitiveMap(MarshallingSupport.java:73)
       at org.apache.activemq.command.Message.unmarsallProperties(Message.java:189)
       at org.apache.activemq.command.Message.getProperty(Message.java:151)
       at org.apache.activemq.filter.PropertyExpression.evaluate(PropertyExpression.java:197)
       ... 15 more

Thanks in advance,
Martin