activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Casey <jamesc....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best way to remotely monitor AMQ 5.x installation via .NET?
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2011 08:00:37 GMT
Hi Mike,

We've used JMX4Perl successfully for this :
<http://search.cpan.org/~roland/jmx4perl/>.

It's got good nagios integration too.

cheers,

James.

On 4 April 2011 21:57, Mike J. Kitchin <Mike.Kitchin@tideworks.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We use AMQ extensively in our enterprise to integrate our C++ and C# applications (CMS
& NMS API's, respectively) and would like to integrate runtime monitoring of the broker
into an existing, web-based monitoring mechanism built into one of our applications.

> This mechanism already integrates a fair amount of information from across our products
but is, nonetheless, .NET based. After experimenting with what AMQ advisory messages and JMX
can provide, I've concluded the JMX MBean-hosted information already available in AMQ would
be the best source of process utilization- and stability-type information, but haven't found
a.NET client for JMX, presumably because standards JMX connectors are RMI-based.

> The best option, therefore, seems to be some sort of RESTFul JMX bridge or the like that
I can then proxy from our monitoring mechanism. Is there any collective experience with these
sorts of add-ons to AMQ and, if so, which sounds like the most straightforward and trouble-free
approach?