activemq-users mailing list archives

From Condotta <mikel...@condotta.co.uk>
Subject Stomp Temp Queues
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:59:25 GMT
I'm using Stomp from a Java client. I'm doing this because I need something lighter than JMS
as I am running on mobile devices. I want to implement a response reply setup using temporary
queues. It's sort of working but the trouble is I'm not quite sure how it does. I know the
Stomp protocol does now support temp queue create by using temp-queue. So I have a

connection.open

connection.subscribe("/temp-queue/Client1")

the above will actually create a temporary queue on the broker with a unique indetifier. As
you would expect it overwites what I pass which makes sense as the broker needs to make sure
the temporary queue is unique. I then send a message to a normal queue with a header value

"reply-to" , "/temp-queue/Client1"

I have a consumer listenening on the normal queue and sending messages to the destination
in the NMSReplyTo. What I don't understand is how does this work. The reply-to I'm setting
is not the actual Destination as this has been created by the broker. I debug the message
that is received and the reply-to does contain the correct temp destination so it's somehow
managing to get the correct one. I haven't tried this with multiple clients so I can't say
whether it actually would work properly. But what is the expected bnehaviour and how is it
managed. Is it possible to write request reply with STOMP and use temp queues ?

Many Thanks

Mike