activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to send a textMessage to an exising queue (destination)
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 14:59:10 GMT
On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 07:43 -0700, mruan wrote:
> Thank you very much! In fact I read a lot of your posts on activeMQ.
>
> I'm sorry that I still cannot find the solution by reading the faq. I hope
> that you understand what I want: just send a textMessage to an existing
> queue, that's it. Now the situation is as follows:
>
> - if the queue does exist, no problem, the message is sent to the queue
> - if the queue does NOT exist, I hope that NO queue will be created and
> return me a warning of abort.
>
> I don't understand:
>
> - why nobody needs to do like what I do?
> - why it is so difficult to do it without creating a queue? (Misrosoft
> provides two methods: one for sending message to a new queue -->createqueue;
> and one to an existing queue -->openqueue
>
> Would you please give me a bit more info? I use the Helloworld.cpp as
> example.
>
> Thanks in advance

Try reading the FAQ entries again, you need to create the destinations
you want at startup via:

http://activemq.apache.org/configure-startup-destinations.html

Then configure security to disallow those whom you don't want to be able
to create destinations via:

http://activemq.apache.org/security.html

Regards

--