activemq-users mailing list archives

From goku <facebooke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Large amounts of queues and topics
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:41:58 GMT
Hi,

I'm interested in similar scenario as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Could someone please confirm if I'm right or wrong on this. It seems  to me
that "selector" operation is done within MessageConsumer implementation.
(i.e. ALL messages are still dispatched from Message Broker to
MessageConsumer and then "selector" operation are performed against those
messages).  The problem occurs when we have a bunch of messages that we are
not interested in (i.e. not match our selector), those messages will
eventually fill up MessageConsumer's internal queue due to prefetch or cache
limit. As a result, we will not be able to receive any new messages,
particularly the ones we're interested in with the selector.

So, is there a way to configure AMQ to perform the selector operation on
MessageBroker side? Should I start looking at "interceptor" and create my
own BrokerPlugin? Any advice on how to workaround this issue?

I'm really appreciate any answer.

Soonthorn A.