activemq-users mailing list archives

From ks <vani_sengottai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PooledConnections Poor Performance
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:07:02 GMT
Thanks. I did increase my session size to 100. So it cached sessions. The
problem was with Single connection Object. All the threads were trying to
use the same connection. Connection Object uses this Mutex before sending.
So essentially this is a blocker.

  java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:39)
	- waiting to lock <1770d26> (a java.lang.Object) owned by
"catalina-exec-110" t@210
	at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelator.java:60)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.doAsyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1214)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1208)
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.send(ActiveMQSession.java:1643)

So I wanted to have more connections and I started with
PooledConnectionFactory from activeMQ and configured to have 50 connections.
This did not help either. The lock to create the pooled connection and
obtain a connection has major impact on throughput.