activemq-users mailing list archives

From andras <andras.szerdahe...@netmining.com>
Subject Integer header in STOMP-submitted message for numeric selector (header>n) string?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 14:55:56 GMT
Hello all,

i am trying to set up a header in my messages (submitted to my activemq
queue through STOMP) for selecting (in a polling consumer/worker) only items
with a numeric value in this header that is lower than the current
microtime. However, as i understand every header coming from a STOMP message
will be treated as String and no attempt is made to parse numeric values
into an integer type

So my question(s)..

- am i wrong and is this actually happening and the problem is.. in.. my..
selector? ( header>123 - thats difficult to screw up, right )
- should i be using scheduling and delay the actual insertion of these
messages? Are "scheduled" messages persisted if i have a persistence
provider configured ( kaha ) ? How does having hundreds of thousands of
messages scheduled for the same 1-2 seconds affect load on the broker?
worse/better than straight insertion? do i effectively double my load with
this?
- should i just modify the Stomp transport so it runs a simple regex on the
header values and casts to Int as necessary ?

thanks!
Andras